Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apartment!

We moved in! The four of us moved into our apartment on Tuesday and we love it. There were some problems at first though:
1. Katie and I spent 3 hours cleaning it and it was still dirty
2. A cockroach flew into the window at two in the morning and Katie and I had quite the fiasco trying to kill it. The bottom of my tennis shoe will never be the same
3. While Katie and I were moving into our room I looked out the window and there was a dude that was in the shadows of the apartment next door staring into our window. I waved, like an idiot, and he said something in another language and continued to stand there. We even turned the lights out and peaked out the window...he was there for about 15 minutes. Apparently hes just some noisy neighbor. Hmm...
4.One of the rooms is way smaller than the other. So we are going to switch halfway through
5. The flies are ridiculous. There is no fly swatter large enough to handle them. And they are fearless. The little bastards just sit and when you try and swipe them away, you can actually hear them laughing at you.
6. No AC and apparently there is going to be a heat wave this weekend.
7. The laundry room is like a torture chamber. Katie and I did laundry the first night and there was LITERALLY a spider in there the size of my head. ...you all know how large my head is. Thanks Daddy.


Things we like:
1. It's really good sized
2. Great location, close to the train, the mall is on the walk to the train and the grocery store is in the mall (Which I think is really, weird), the beach is just a quick step away, and there are some bars around. There is also a Pie Face in the mall. Katie and I are now addicted. I was a little intoxicated with Sarah and Jenah one night (Katie had work the next morning) and apparently I ate a piece of pizza and then got this pie that I thought was the most delicious thing I have ever tasted. I remember thinking that I ate something SO wonderful the night before but I couldnt remember actually consuming it. Katie and I went to the place Sarah and Jenah told me we went to and each got a vegetarian pie. And it was STILL amazing.
3. It came fully furnished
4. There is more cabinet space than any one person could dream of
5. The neighbors seem great from who we have met (Minus creepy next door)
6. The landlord is rad

Thats all I can think of at the moment. Hopefully after this Saturday we will still have an apartment as we are having our "House Warming Party".

Cheers xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment