Friday, December 11, 2009

Saturday Slamdown

Things we are NOT too excited about...
-Laundrettes...doing laundry here is so expensive. Katie has also been known to take her laundry on the train to do it near her work, she does NOT like that. :)
-7:30 am shift at the new restaurant. My manger told me I would be working those shifts because I have "a very friendly and bubbly personality". He thinks im always happy...he has yet to see me at 7 in the morning.
-The show Ready Steady Cook. The host could NOT be more condescending or irritating.
-Sunburns. You blink here and youre burnt to a crisp.
-The graphic nature of the commercials. There is this diaper or "nappie" commercial and this kid has explosive diarrhea in the car and you see it from outside and it just COVERS all the inside of the windows...in another one they show skin cancer and it moving through your body...I dont like that one because it's true and hits a little close to home. "There's nothing healthy about a tan"
-Children that dont look where they are going and slam into my knees, then look at me and cry like its my fault. Kid, Im the one with bad knees and you have a hard forehead. Youre four...you can bounce back. Im a sixty year old in a 22 year old body. Im going down quick. Slow down when in supermarkets.

Things we love!
-Nando's Extra Spicy Sauce. I LOVE it and went through a whole bottle in two days.
-City Gym, where Katie works out. Apparently the people are great and she ran six miles yesterday.
-Free Internet at McDonald's by our apartment. The view from up here is AMAZING.
-The show White Collar.
-Glee...also a fabulous show. Season finale tomorrow. Whooooo
-The movie Football Factory. Danny Dyer is adorable
-Scotch Fingers, this like shortbread cookie, dipped in tea. Im pretty sure Katie ate a whole bag in one sitting. Amen for City Gym. (Just kidding, I love you)
-La Roux's Bulletproof. RAD SONG.
-Cooper Park, which is right around the corner from our apartment. It's really cool because its like being in the Santa Cruz mountains in the middle of Bondi. Its not huge but its really quiet and relaxing. I run through there now..well maybe not anymore as Jenah was walking there and looked down and there was a huge green snake next to her foot...I may find a new path now. Or another hobby...its far to hot to RUN here. Ironic, I swam in MICHIGAN and run in Australia.Idiot.
-Robert Palmer's song "I Woke up Laughing". Its a feel good song. Sarah thinks the background music sounds like a ringtone. Surprisingly, it doesnt irritate me.


And that is this weeks Slamdown. PS... I know it's two words but I like it as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment