Friday, January 15, 2010

For Love of the Irish: A Slamdown

Things we're not into:

-THAT JEN AND STEVE ARE LEAVING! Nooooooooo!!!
-That I wont be around for the MLK party in AA. Dang it!
-Having the little room in the apartment
-Being so sore you cant walk
-That the Cock N Bull closes at midnight, you stupid Irish pub!
-When you talk to someone who is mad Irish you cant understand them, especially since they are drunk all the time that doesn't help. (A generalization, that applies to all of them)
-Spilling coffee beans ALL over the floor at work, then having to pick each one up because the vacuum is broken (or lost, or I may have just been punished for being a fool and the vacuum was "broken")
-2 hours later spilling espresso all over the floor because my boss thoroughly stresses me out
-WHERE ARE ALL THE TACOS?! All we want is Taco Bell... I was talking to a guy at work about it and he looked a me all confused and said "What are you talking about? We have a Taco Bell on George st" (around the corner from work). My heart instantaneously inflated with joy, my palms got sweaty, I imagined the joy and happiness I would see on Katie's face when I told her of my victory. Only to hear two seconds later, "Oh wait, they got rid of it". JERK! Matt and my relationship has not been the same since. Apparently there used to be TB's around here but they just couldn't think outside the bun....

Things we are into:

-That apparently the owner of Capital Grill has taken a liking to me so I wont get fired for spilling coffee beans and espresso
-The Cock'N Bull, live bands so awesome, I love the Irish!
-That there aren't pennies. Prices are always rounded to the nearest 5 cents
-Texts from Knute,
ME: "KNUTE! I wish you were here! I need more jigging lessons"
Knute: "This may be tricky over text, but here goes...Keep your arms locked
at your sides, your back straight, and flail your legs like your kicking
midgets"
Me: "Of course, Ill keep my arms at my sides. Im no Protestant!"
Knute(Who is from Belfast): "Blind prejudice, im so proud!
----No midgets or Protestants were harmed that evening

-Supre, a store Katie found with really cute stuff that's cheap (shocking, I know)
-That were having a party tonight that will most likely have the police called (again). The cops will come to ours and ask us to keep it down, chat for a bit, smile, and leave. Not to be seen the rest of the night.
-Pie Face. I still cant get over it.
-The Shadow of the Sun. Good book.
-Boat parties. Unfortunately, Russell wasn't able to make it, but we went out on this OLD school boat that looked like a pirate ship and just road around the Sydney Harbour for awhile.
-Articles like this that your friends, who im assuming are trying to get you to come home, send... http://www.cracked.com/funny-163-australia/ a quote from the article "You just walked into Mother Nature's Thunderdome, friend. And in this analogy, you're not Max; you're the dead retard."
-That my mom has facebook and her information is HILARIOUS
-Julie Hyrne
-Did I mention pies?
- Fancying and being Keane on doing things, going to yours as opposed to your house or coming to ours, instead of our house. The phrased "I just cant be asked" Instead of "I don't feel like it".
-Meeting and befriending authors at your gym. Katie met a women who authored "Sexpectations" and is in the process of writing another book and she would like Katie to write down her encounter with Sam and Russell to potentially add to the book. Savaggeeeeee!
-Meeting your personal trainer who has been told that you want him to make you cry, seeing him, then realizing he could FOR SURE bring tears to your eyes.
- Alll for noooowwwww


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment