Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Years Eve....

Started out pretty slow. Katie Ryan Dan and I had decided that we were going to go to Jen, Hannah and Chris's house in Pott's Point to watch the fireworks. Their house over looks the Sydney Harbour and the Bridge. There were two fireworks shows, one at 9:00 so families with kids could enjoy it and then another at midnight. It is suppose to be one of the best firework displays in the world...I would have to agree.

The four of us got to their apartment right as the first set of fireworks had started. We walked right to the edge of the lookout and had a pretty awesome view...through a metal fence. After the first round we went into the apartment. Hannah, Chris, Gary, Louisiana Katie, Steve, Jamie, Felix, Mira,Ric,Clement, Thomas Ali,Britt and Martin were all there already. We all basically sat around drinking and dancing until all of a sudden it was midnight (I dont even remember there being any excitement about the New Year, just the fireworks) and Katie and I ran out to the point to get a good spot. We found Ali, Britt and Martin standing on this pillar thingy and watched with them. We have about 15 pictures of all of us...looking REAL good. Of course you cant see them because Katie got a new camera but her computer wont upload the software because there is no disk drive and my computer, well, you all know about that.

I walked back toward the apartment to find half of my friends on the roof of someones garage and Jamie standing on a trash can trying to get up onto the roof. Lets just say the next day he had bruises EVERYWHERE. All of a sudden everyone who had managed the ascent to the rooftop came running and jumping off, apparently the owners had been yelling at them to get down for awhile but the kicker was "Get off my GODDAMN ROOF or my wife is going to spray you with that hose!" Wife from out front '- "YEA!". They got down quite quickly.

We went back downstairs and into the apartment for the dance party....





And a photo shoot...

Jamie and Steve...



Britt and Steve...


AND THE ENGAGED COUPLE JEN AND SAAAMMMMMMM



Sam had proposed to Jen at midnight on the cruise they were on in Sydney Harbour as the fireworks were going off. She had no idea it was coming...Kodak couldnt ask for anything more picture perfect.

Later, I took it as my personal mission to stop all of my friends from smoking. Here is one attempt.

After stomping out Steve's cigarette...



I grabbed his face and said, "I gave you my heart. DONT DIE". He then lit up another and apparently I wouldnt stop the campaign. Here are the facebook comments that are below this photo...


This is the caption Katie put beneath it, "i gave you my heart. give me your ear."

-Jacqueline Gowin-No no no. "I gave you my heart. DONT DIE"

-Katherine Guilbeau -you were asking for compensation at one point. it went from "give up cigs" to "well give me your ear then"

-Steve Greig Could you be......the most beautiful girl in the world!! x

...this is my contribution to the world. Stop smoking or give me a body part. Nice.


Moving on, a short while later Katie and Ryan decided to leave. I had gotten a call from Jenah, who had just finished work and was heading over, so I decided to stay. Jenah and I were there until 6:00am. The only ones there at that point were me, Katie, Jenah, Chris, Clement, and Ric. I went to the bathroom to come back and find that the others were having a slap fight...time to go.

Jenah and I then were in search of food...we found a sandwich place and went there. As we walked back we went passed all these bars that were still PACKED. We contemplated going in but Jenah had to work that night and also walk some dogs. We hopped on the train and when we got back to Bondi Junction, we were basically ridiculous. All I wanted was a coffee...NOTHING was open...surprised? At the time I was. Instead I filled the void with a bag of chips, a candy bar, chocolate milk (which im SURE came from Heaven) and peach tea. Jenah got an ice cream bar. As we walked home we stopped at a light and the guys next to us looked at Jenah's ice cream and said "little early for ice cream isnt it?" She looked up at them, and said "Im on Holiday, Ill do as I damn well please!". The guys looked back and her and said, "You're right". Duh she's right. When is ice cream EVER a bad idea?

We got home and passed out. I got a call from work at 11:30, missed it and was SURE I was going to be fired for reading the schedule wrong or something. When I called back they were just asking if I could possibly come in at 1:00. I informed them I had gone to bed at 9:00 but would be more than happy to come if they needed me. They didnt call back.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year!!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment